SEN Sports Therapy and Mentoring
SEN Sports Therapy and Mentoring for Primary school children
KickStart’s Sports Therapy and Mentoring programme is designed to improve pupil’s attention and listening skills, social competency, and cognitive functions.
Cost: £35 per hour per child or £100 per 1/2 day (3 hours)
- Parents/carers often express a need for a positive role-model for their child, whilst our pupils report wanting to find someone to talk and play with them.
- Sessions aim to develop qualities and skills such as confidence, leadership, and stress management.
- A greater sense of belonging and community connectedness is developed through our Sports Therapy and Mentorship programme. This is particularly important for our pupils who experience high levels of mobility and frequent moves.
- Essential life skills such as etiquette, sportsmanship, and perseverance are taught through sports activities, which can then be applied beyond the sports context.
- Physical and mental health are closely aligned, we aim to improve self-management and growth skills. Pupils are supported in achieving greater levels of self-management, time management, and tolerance.
Our SEN Sports therapy and mentoring programmes run termly and there are a number of different options available to suit the individual. Our innovative programme is based at Alexander First School, Kenneally, Oakley Green, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 4XP